Friday, December 17, 2010

pin up painting

I've always been inspired by the great pin up artist like Gil Elvgren and Alberto Vargas. I mean how could you not be, there painting are to die for. I've always looked at the girls in there paintings with such admiration and try to dress and pose like them.


 

Total pin up perfection. Along with having a love for pin ups, I also dapple in painting. So I recently tried to take a modern look at pin up painting. I tried to keep the fun and goofy elements of Gil's paintings, but mix it with more of my personality.


It was really fun to mix two of my passions together while making these, I got to not only paint but I also dressed up and attempted to pose like a pin up for the reference. Not exactly pin ups in the traditional seance but very much so inspired by the masters works.
xo Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment